Monday, November 24, 2008

Bitter Sweet Homecoming

As many of you may have heard, my Grandpa Donahey passed away yesterday (Sunday) at 5:00pm. He was as prepared, both spiritually and physically, as he possibly could have been to go Home. As a family, we count many fond memories with Grandpa over the past few years, and have been blessed with plenty of time to prepare for his departure. Thankfully, I got to talk to him on Friday and say goodbye and tell him I love him.

As many of you may not know, for the past half year I´ve also been intending to fly home early and surprise my family for Thanksgiving. So, surprise! God-willing I´ll see you on Thursday for Thanksgiving, or on Friday at 10:00 am for my grandpa´s funeral. Viewing hours start at 10:00 am with the actual funeral service at 11:00 am at Waite and Sons in Medina. I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Suzi H said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

The Webels said...

Jason,
We are sorry for your loss, but so happy for him. We won't be able to come to the funeral, but we will be praying for your family.

Love, Hansen & Rebekah (and kids)

P.S. Welcome back to the USA