Thursday, September 28, 2006

DC Life

The weather in DC has been really nice lately. Mid 70’s, sunshine, and a gentle breeze constantly call me away from work and classes. It’s always around this time of year when I wish I was back home doing yard work again, enjoying the simple pleasures of Ohio and being outdoors. The rusty and rosy foliage of Ohio’s trees far outperforms the shades of yellow and brown we see here in the Mid-Atlantic. I miss the apple-picking, corn fields, and morning chill of Ohio’s autumn.
The townhouse I live in is surrounded by other houses and trees which block the morning sun, and I’m pretty sure this is having the effect of making me sleepy in the mornings when I ought to be wide awake. I can’t wait until the leaves fall and the sunshine peeks through to greet me in the morning. I’m certain that a quiet cup of coffee and a seat beneath the window in a sun-soaked chair is God’s gift for mornings.
This weekend I’m looking forward very much to getting off campus. There’s an InterVarsity retreat for fellas, and we’re planning on going up the Potomac River for some male-bonding and camping. The annual retreat is always a treat, and I’m looking forward to bonfires and sports and sharing and all the sorts of things that go along with getting off campus with other guys for a while.

No comments: